Earlier this week, New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg ventured to Williamsport, Pa. to support the team from Staten Island in the Little League World Series. It was a thoughtful gesture and oneÃ‚Â with the team and their fans could appreciate…right up until the leader of America’s largest city committed one of the douchiest acts possible in the stands of a baseball game. Judging from the above photo that ran on NBC Bay Area, in the middle of Staten Island’s game, Bloomberg took out and began talking on his cell phone from his seat while play was going on.
Well, look at you, Mr. Politics. I didn’t think your job was that big of a deal, but now that you had to take a very urgent call in the middle of a baseball game, I have a new found respect for how important you are and the highly stressful nature of your job.
I know, I know, I suppose being Mayor of New York City probably means that Mr. Bloomberg does have his personal life interrupted all the time with matters that really need his instant input. However, how much do you wanna bet he was phonin’ his pal Johnny from Brooklyn to tell him to look for him on ESPN?
Leave a Reply
- Perez/Royals Back In The Game…Now What? by Bob Moffitt
- Words of inspiration for Jeremy Guthrie by Landon Evanson
- Minnesota’s new manager is now available by Landon Evanson
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt