Gerrit Cole is painting the corners of the plate with high 90s fastballs. Pedro Alvarez hit a towering opposite field home run. However, without question, the most impressive athletic display at PNC Park tonight so far has been this fan catching a foul ball off the bat of Matt Carpenter with his popcorn container.
I’m sure Deadsping or SBNation will have a much higher quality video or gif of this up soon, and that MLB will have this video removed in the next 24 hours. For now, however, enjoy below the jump.
Also note that one of the hazards of filming your TV with your iPhone is that sometimes you have to do a second take when your lady friend comments on how bad she feels for the guy who just lost all his popcorn.
Leave a Reply
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith
- Butler Frees Up A’s To Trade For Needed Outfield He(alth)lp by Bob Moffitt
- Stanton, Not Nats by Patrick Smith
- MLB Classics: Hard Hittin’ Mark Whiten by Landon Evanson
- Not A Great Five Minutes for the Pirates by Andy Smith