David Chalk first visited Tampa Bay in 1996 to see the Redskins take on the Buccaneers at Houlihan's Stadium, in the final year of the orange sherbet uniforms. He talked briefly with Sam Huff in an
elevator and immediately fell in love with the people and culture of Western Florida, as well as the Don Shula Steakhouse. He has studied Shakespeare and medieval literature at Cambridge, and has an M.A.L.A. from St. John's College. Since the sixth inning of the 2006 NLCS, he has been contemplating writing a sports related memoir, "How My Sports Addiction Has Ruined My Life, or Really, How My Sports Addiction is a Metaphor for My Self-Ruined Life."
Since debuting on B&C in March 2007, Chalk's writing has also graced the internet pages of Yahoo!'s Big League Stew, East Windup Chronicle, Deadspin, Walkoff Walk, Diamond Hoggers and Sharapova's Thigh.
- 25,000 Little Magical Bucks Can’t Be Wrong by Patrick Smith
- Peace Out, Pete by Duke Jackson
- Hangin’ with Hargrove: A B&C interview with Mike Hargrove by Landon Evanson
- I Get it Now by Landon Evanson
- Indoor Four ’15: June edition by Landon Evanson