David Chalk first visited Tampa Bay in 1996 to see the Redskins take on the Buccaneers at Houlihan's Stadium, in the final year of the orange sherbet uniforms. He talked briefly with Sam Huff in an
elevator and immediately fell in love with the people and culture of Western Florida, as well as the Don Shula Steakhouse. He has studied Shakespeare and medieval literature at Cambridge, and has an M.A.L.A. from St. John's College. Since the sixth inning of the 2006 NLCS, he has been contemplating writing a sports related memoir, "How My Sports Addiction Has Ruined My Life, or Really, How My Sports Addiction is a Metaphor for My Self-Ruined Life."
Since debuting on B&C in March 2007, Chalk's writing has also graced the internet pages of Yahoo!'s Big League Stew, East Windup Chronicle, Deadspin, Walkoff Walk, Diamond Hoggers and Sharapova's Thigh.
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson