When I saw the photo of the Dioner “The Fat Catcher” Navarro Bobblehead the Devil Rays plan to give away June 14th as they battle Elijah Dukes and the Washington Nationals, I knew something was not quite right.
So I asked around the B&C offices to see if there was something funny about the TFC bobblehead or if it was just me. Cam Martin chimed in with the obligatory cheap Devil Rays attendance joke. Mark “Townie” Townsend said he was most disturbed by the mess on TFC’s pants.
But what really bothered me were the lips. And so I’m glad Tobin said: “they gave him A-Rod‘s lipsticked lips.”
Seriously, what the fuck? Dude wants an extra $400,000 in arbitration and makes his All-Star debut at That Old Dump In The Bronx, and so you dick him with those A-Rod lips on his bobbleheads?
What color is that even? Mauve? Lavender? Passionfruit?
Whatever. Should anyone doubt The Fat Catcher’s manhood, let me remind you he’s an awesome baserunner, he’s willing to let his teammates and managers drink celebratory Anheuser Busch products out of his jockstrap, and his walk-up music is Pitbull. Oh and he’s the best fucking catcher since Johnny Bench.
So can we maybe fix those lips before June? Please?
Leave a Reply
- B&C Review — Billy Martin: Baseball’s Flawed Genius by Landon Evanson
- Eff You Winter, Its Time for Baseball: Your 2015 NL Preview by Duke Jackson
- ‘Stachtastic: A B&C interview with Carl Pavano by Landon Evanson
- Mo’ne, Joey, Professional Sports and Name-calling by Elisabeth Galina
- Guys, I’m Worried About Brett Gardner by Seth Tearz