Some Devil Ray superstars have hard to pronounce names.Ã‚Â Therefore we proudly present the first in an occasional series, The Devil Ray Pronunciation Guide.
It was a great weekend for Devil Ray superstar reliever Randy Choate. Choate, who was called up from Durham on May 25, picked up his first two MLB saves and notched career appearance number 200.
His name is pronounced CHOTE — long O, and make sure you get the T in there at the end.
Because if you’re lazy and your T sounds like a D you get choDe instead, and that’s no good since Urban Dictionary Dot Com defines chode as “a penis wider than it is long.”Ã‚Â (By the way, Urban Dictionary Dot Com is evil.)
Leave a Reply
- The Mets have the best outfield in baseball by Landon Evanson
- Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes, well, ah… by Landon Evanson
- Not To Get Ahead of Ourselves. But … by Patrick Smith
- Enchanted, I’m Sure … by Steve St. Angelo
- One More Win by Patrick Smith