Congratulations to friend of the site Evan Longoria for being unanimously named 2008 American League Rookie Of The Year. That Cuban guy from Chicago and Joke-oby Ellsbury of the Red Sox finished second and third.
The unanimous vote gives me a little hope that E-Love will also walk away with another trophy he deserves, 2008 AL MVP, but we know how voters tend to discriminate against Devil Rays in postseason awards. I’m still pissed Delmon Young got jobbed last year, but I suppose it’s nice to have the first Rookie Of The Year in Devil Ray history be still on the team for next year’s title run.
Why not celebrate by revisiting some fun Dirtbag posts:
Leave a Reply
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith
- General Disarray Attacks the AL West by Scott Fendley
- Back(hand) to you, Al by Landon Evanson
- Delgado, Stairs head incredible Canadian Hall class by Landon Evanson