How many trademarks and logos of the San Francisco Giants can you find in the ad on the right?
The ad has run in the last three issues of SF Weekly, the west coast’s version of the Village Voice, and while marijuana isn’t explicitly mentioned it’s still a little surprising to see the Giant uniform lettering and SF logo used some openly to advertise hypropnics at The City’s oldest and largest grow store.
Sure, cultivating medical cannabis is legal in California as anyone who’s seen Super High Me knows, but it’s hard to imagine many other MLB teams not making a stink about something similar.
Full disclosure: I’ve bought some lovely plants at the Divisadero location. Just house plants, honest — a fern, a bird of paradise and two other house plants. I’ve also bought a pot there, to put one of the plants in.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith