Jason Bartlett hit his 3rd home run of the year in the 9th inning of Monday’s victory in Minnesota.
It may have been the clutchest of his 4 home runs as a Devil Ray, but we’ll get to that a bit later.
The solo shot also bumped his season average to .371 — which according to the Devil Rays media notes is the 6th best April average by an AL shortstop since 1998.Ã‚Â Who’s a distant 8th on that list? Alex Rodriguez in 2003, at the height of the admitted portuion of his steroid use.
So look for Bartlett to win his first AL MVP this year.
But back to tonight’s home run — it put the Devil Rays ahead 7-1, and yet is the clutchest of all Bartlett’s four Devil Ray home runs:
- August 3 2008, vs. the Orioles at historic Tropicana Field, 7th inning solo shot gives the Devil Rays an 8-1 lead
- April 12 2009, in Baltimore, 7th inning solo shot gives the Devil Rays an 8-0 lead
- April 13 2009, vs. the Yankees at The Trop, 3rd inning solo shot gives the Devil Rays a 10-0 lead
- April 27 2009, at the HHH Metrodome, 9th inning solo shot gives the Devil Rays only a 7-1 lead
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson