Devil Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg watched our Devil Rays beat up on the Orioles in Camden Yards on the last day of April. He presciently told the press that with the return of Cliff Floyd and Scott Kazmir his team would go on a super tear — indeed, his quote has become a perfect metaphor for the 2008 season:
It’s like two pounds of bologna in a one-pound bag.
Clearly, Devil Rays manager “Coach Joe” Maddon is the ideal man for the job of handling excess meat.
Since that fateful day, our Devil Rays have so far gone 12-8 in the month of May. So to celebrate — and to get you ready for Memorial Day weekend and the summer grilling season, we proudly present a photo essay of photos of Joe Maddon with meat:
‘Course, with all that meat you’re gonna want to wash it down with a little vino.
“Coach Joe” Maddon has been known to drink a 2005 Napa Valley Merlot or a 2004 Napa/Sonoma Cabernet of late — but on very special occasions, he’s also sampled a bottle of Menage a Trois.
Happy Memorial Day Everybody! Go Devil Rays!
All photos courtesy of Jeff The Master Chef, SideSalad.net
Leave a Reply
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt
- It was just one game by Landon Evanson
- Sources: San Francisco Bans More Than Just Lorde by Seth Tearz
- Fall Classic: Chalk v. Lando by Landon Evanson