I know, I know, I ain’t posted shit since Christmas and that’s certainly the longest hiatus I’ve had during my tenure here at Bugs & Cranks. Thank you for the death threats, message received, I’m back….
In our continuing efforts to preserve and protect the full, proud history of our proud, great and dominant franchise, and to hagiographize the many, many valiant warriors who have contributed to that proud history, we’ll be delving deeper than we did with our All-Time Greatest Devil Rays Advent Calendar, and every Monday through Thursday we’ll be counting down The Top 177* Devil Rays Ever….
The 177th Greatest Devil Ray Ever is….
Kevin “Witter” Witt 1B/DH (2006)
- DEVIL RAY MOMENT: September 3 2006 at Tropicana Field, 8th inning, hit a 2-out 2-run home run off Felix Hernandez to give the Devil Rays a 7-6 victory over Seattle. “I know Witter felt like he had something to prove, and he did,” manager Joe Maddon said. “Witter … he’s a pro. I felt good about him in that situation. That was good stuff. That was a very big moment for us.”
- DEVIL RAY STATS: 19 Games 5 Runs 9 Hits 2 Doubles 2 Home Runs 5 RBI
*Based on playersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ entire Devil Ray careers and regardless of position. Special thanks to B&C’s Robotto Clemente for crunching the numbers.
Leave a Reply
- A Baseball Fan’s Christmas List by Duke Jackson
- Alex Rios Will Make 11 Million Dollars in 2015. by Paul Czarnowski
- A Heartwarming Holiday Tale of Authorized Amphetamines by Patrick Smith
- Nationals Enjoy the Calm Before the $torm by Duke Jackson
- The stones to gather Moss by Keith Good