After watching one of the two best soccer games I’ve ever seen — of course, I was rooting for Turkey — I flipped over to The Deuce and look who’s on PTI with Wilbon and Bob Ryan….
It’s Devil Rays Manager “Coach Joe” Maddon! And he’s giving them wine recommendations — giving about a 15-second plug for Hess Wines hope they send him a few cases. (Maddon is, of course, a big wine guy — my buddy Jeff from Side Salad once slipped him a bottle of MÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©nage ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â Trois.)
Maddon’s also talked up the team on PTI, and made special mention of how proud he was of his club for handling the brawls with the Yankees and Red Sox “the right way.” He also emphasized that our Devil Rays were in the right in both instances.
Here’s the whole 5 minute interview — his wine plug is at the end:
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson