After watching one of the two best soccer games I’ve ever seen — of course, I was rooting for Turkey — I flipped over to The Deuce and look who’s on PTI with Wilbon and Bob Ryan….
It’s Devil Rays Manager “Coach Joe” Maddon! And he’s giving them wine recommendations — giving about a 15-second plug for Hess Wines hope they send him a few cases. (Maddon is, of course, a big wine guy — my buddy Jeff from Side Salad once slipped him a bottle of MÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©nage ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â Trois.)
Maddon’s also talked up the team on PTI, and made special mention of how proud he was of his club for handling the brawls with the Yankees and Red Sox “the right way.” He also emphasized that our Devil Rays were in the right in both instances.
Here’s the whole 5 minute interview — his wine plug is at the end:
Leave a Reply
- Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes, well, ah… by Landon Evanson
- Not To Get Ahead of Ourselves. But … by Patrick Smith
- Enchanted, I’m Sure … by Steve St. Angelo
- One More Win by Patrick Smith
- Am I the only one who finds it beautiful… by Landon Evanson