After watching one of the two best soccer games I’ve ever seen — of course, I was rooting for Turkey — I flipped over to The Deuce and look who’s on PTI with Wilbon and Bob Ryan….
It’s Devil Rays Manager “Coach Joe” Maddon! And he’s giving them wine recommendations — giving about a 15-second plug for Hess Wines hope they send him a few cases. (Maddon is, of course, a big wine guy — my buddy Jeff from Side Salad once slipped him a bottle of MÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©nage ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â Trois.)
Maddon’s also talked up the team on PTI, and made special mention of how proud he was of his club for handling the brawls with the Yankees and Red Sox “the right way.” He also emphasized that our Devil Rays were in the right in both instances.
Here’s the whole 5 minute interview — his wine plug is at the end:
Leave a Reply
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt
- It was just one game by Landon Evanson
- Sources: San Francisco Bans More Than Just Lorde by Seth Tearz
- Fall Classic: Chalk v. Lando by Landon Evanson