October 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm ET
David Cone is Racist and other Yankees Tidbits
- Yankees analyst David Cone is making it easy for me to hate him. Not only did he pitch a no-hitter against the Expos in 1999, he referred to Ichiroâ€™s bat as a â€śchopstickâ€ť. Mustâ€™ve failed his racial sensitivity test. Idiot.
- Â One more win and the division belongs to New York. Just like old times. If only the Devil Rays would be as inept as the Red Sox.
- Ibanez came through in last nightâ€™s win. Sometimes this guy looks haggard and old, like something A-Rod would date, and then there are the times where he looks like heâ€™sâ€¦38. I kid. Heâ€™s doing his part. So is Nick Swisher, who dumped a bucket of ice water on Ibanez after the game. Iâ€™m not a doctor but isnâ€™t that dangerous? Same with the shaving cream pie in the face. Baseball players, they donâ€™t always think!
- There was a bird in the infield, which could be some kind of metaphor for the Orioles chasing the Yankees since the All Star Break. Or it could just be a bird in the infield. That happens at ballparks. Here at the Rogers Centre there are birds all over the place, even when the roof is closed. JosĂ© Bautista probably feels like Tippi Hedren.
- In a USA Today article, published this morning, Orioles closer Jim Johnson is quoted as saying, â€śWe’re not supposed to be here. So just go out and have fun and see what happens.â€ť I donâ€™t know, man. Maybe you are supposed to be here? Maybe the AL East was supposed to change hands? Maybe Iâ€™m just being silly? Maybe Iâ€™m hungry? Yeah, Iâ€™m definitely hungry.
- Hereâ€™s a dumb stat: the Yankees are 0-58 when trailing after eight innings this season before rallying in the ninth.
- Speaking of nonsense, Yankees top pitching prospect, Manny Banuelos is scheduled to have reconstructive surgery on his left elbow on Thursday, leading him to miss the entire 2013 season. Everyoneâ€™s favorite doctor to the stars, James Andrews will be wielding the knife. Or scalpel? Again, Iâ€™m not a doctor. Thatâ€™s a good thing because I am in no way shape or form ready to perform Tommy John surgery tomorrow on anyone, let alone a top prospect.
- Â Tonightâ€™s pitching match up is Kuroda (15-11) v. Matsuzaka (1-6). My fingers have been crossed to the point of carpal tunnel all day. Please let us see some of that 15 and none of that 11.
- Andy Pettitte is ready should the Yankees have to face the frigginâ€™ Orioles in a one-game division tie-breaker.
If you need me after the game, Iâ€™ll be learning how to perform TJ surgery. Just in case.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith
Most Popular Topics
We have cheap Yankees tickets, Mets tickets, plus Mets baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets, Cubs baseball tickets and a packed MLB baseball schedule.
Buy Mets tickets online from CTC, where you'll find discount baseball tickets including cheap Braves tickets, Houston Astros tickets and sold out Saint Louis Cardinals tickets.
Visit Soldoutentertainments.com for great value sports tickets including Manchester United tickets, Liverpool tickets, Champions League final tickets and also FA Cup Final tickets.
Vividseats.com is your premier internet destination for all MLB Baseball Tickets, such as Phillies Tickets, Cubs Tickets, LA Dodgers Tickets, Pirates Tickets, Marlins Tickets, and many more.
SecureYourSeat.com are able to provide you with a great selection of Premier League tickets including Arsenal tickets, Manchester United tickets, Liverpool tickets and Chelsea tickets. We also stock a fine selection of Champions League tickets including Champions League final tickets.
Best online sports betting bonuses and promotions at Sportsbetting.com. Join now the most secure online sportsbook!
For a selection of online slots games and casino reviews visit Online Slots Entertainment, a leader in online slot machines since 2003.
Buy Arizona State Sun Devils Tickets and view the Sun Devils Football Schedule online. Sun Devils Tickets are available now.
AllianceTickets.com carries all MLB Tickets including Colorado Rockies Tickets, Seattle Mariners Tickets and San Francisco Giants Tickets. They carry all Sports Tickets at discount prices.