Juan Bell played shortÂ so well for the eventual 1993 National League champion Phillies that eventually he made his way to Milly-wok-kay and Kevin Stocker found himself the City of Brotherly Love’s man in the middle.
However, Bell did manage to finish with a .278 / .372 / .381 slashline over 38 games as a utility infield for a Montreal team that finished with the best record in the game in ’94.
Oddly enough, Bell finished up with the Red Sox in ’95. Three different teams over three years that all made (or would have made) the playoffs, yet the man had reallyÂ nothing to do with any of the success of those particular clubs.
That has to a record.
How’s that for a Happy 46th Birthday, Juan Bell?!
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson