Juan Bell played shortÂ so well for the eventual 1993 National League champion Phillies that eventually he made his way to Milly-wok-kay and Kevin Stocker found himself the City of Brotherly Love’s man in the middle.
However, Bell did manage to finish with a .278 / .372 / .381 slashline over 38 games as a utility infield for a Montreal team that finished with the best record in the game in ’94.
Oddly enough, Bell finished up with the Red Sox in ’95. Three different teams over three years that all made (or would have made) the playoffs, yet the man had reallyÂ nothing to do with any of the success of those particular clubs.
That has to a record.
How’s that for a Happy 46th Birthday, Juan Bell?!
Leave a Reply
- My Pick: Awesomeness by Bob Moffitt
- Orioles Lay An Egg in the ALCS. by Patrick Smith
- Crown taken by Landon Evanson
- Royals One Win Away From Right To Get Swept In World Series by David Chalk
- Lessons from Kauffman Stadium by Landon Evanson