No one has played the game with more class than Derek Jeter, but I was proud to call myself a Minnesotan last night with the class the Target Field faithful honored the Captain with last night at the All-Star Game.
The ovation upon his introduction, chants of “Derek Jeter” for his first at-bat, the shower of respect and appreciation as he came off a Minnesota baseball field for the final time.
From Jeter to the fans, class was on full display last night in Minneapolis, and I am grateful for both.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith