No one has played the game with more class than Derek Jeter, but I was proud to call myself a Minnesotan last night with the class the Target Field faithful honored the Captain with last night at the All-Star Game.
The ovation upon his introduction, chants of “Derek Jeter” for his first at-bat, the shower of respect and appreciation as he came off a Minnesota baseball field for the final time.
From Jeter to the fans, class was on full display last night in Minneapolis, and I am grateful for both.
Leave a Reply
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith
- Butler Frees Up A’s To Trade For Needed Outfield He(alth)lp by Bob Moffitt
- Stanton, Not Nats by Patrick Smith