No one has played the game with more class than Derek Jeter, but I was proud to call myself a Minnesotan last night with the class the Target Field faithful honored the Captain with last night at the All-Star Game.
The ovation upon his introduction, chants of “Derek Jeter” for his first at-bat, the shower of respect and appreciation as he came off a Minnesota baseball field for the final time.
From Jeter to the fans, class was on full display last night in Minneapolis, and I am grateful for both.
Leave a Reply
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson
- Dead to Me: The Toronto Blue Jays by Patrick Smith