No one has played the game with more class than Derek Jeter, but I was proud to call myself a Minnesotan last night with the class the Target Field faithful honored the Captain with last night at the All-Star Game.
The ovation upon his introduction, chants of “Derek Jeter” for his first at-bat, the shower of respect and appreciation as he came off a Minnesota baseball field for the final time.
From Jeter to the fans, class was on full display last night in Minneapolis, and I am grateful for both.
Leave a Reply
- Indoor Four ’15: July edition by Landon Evanson
- 25,000 Little Magical Bucks Can’t Be Wrong by Patrick Smith
- Peace Out, Pete by Duke Jackson
- Hangin’ with Hargrove: A B&C interview with Mike Hargrove by Landon Evanson
- I Get it Now by Landon Evanson