Such sentiments were not felt last night in Phoenix, because the D-Backs were responsible for the single coolest, most original freebie in big league history:
Ryan Roberts tattoo sleeve night at Chase Field.
For a sport that is so typically vanilla and strives to not ruffle feathers, Roberts sleeve night kicks the livin’ shit out of fishing lures, player posters, caps, tee shirts and even bobbleheads.
Respect to the Snakes for comin’ up with it first of all, but of more importance, having the balls to actually produce and hand it out.
Think you have a giveaway better — be it awesome, funny or ridiculous? Let us hear about it in the comments section below…
Leave a Reply
- Eff You Winter, Its Time for Baseball: Your 2015 NL Preview by Duke Jackson
- ‘Stachtastic: A B&C interview with Carl Pavano by Landon Evanson
- Mo’ne, Joey, Professional Sports and Name-calling by Elisabeth Galina
- Guys, I’m Worried About Brett Gardner by Seth Tearz
- The 104-Game Baseball Season by Keith Good