Let’s be real, there are a lot of bad advertising campaigns out there. Hell, our boy Tyler pointed out the tripe that MLB Network shoves down our collective throat each and every day, but when a pairing emerges that makes so much sense it borders on obvious has yet to happen, we are left wondering who’s at the wheel of those charged with peddling product?
Peanut butter and jelly. Steak and potatoes. Cocaine and waffles. See? Obvious. And this endorsement belongs in said class.
Brewers closer John Axford has shut down 32 on the year (nearly 30 in a row) for a first-place club, is on the Twitter with an Ax-Man nickname and uses Axe body spray. It just makes sense doesn’t it?
Did we mention that when not crushing Milwaukee wins he rocks the Wilkes Booth, plays an intense brand of ping pong, has his own bobble head or that he cut out the middle man and conducted his own photo shoot for the promo?
So no more falling angels or random chicks dancing on poles (alright, that one’s not bad). But think it through, who better to move Axe than the Ax-Man?
We’re looking in your direction Axe body spray! Are you paying attention? Are you even trying?!
Speaking of the Twitter, you can also follow me @LandoBC75.
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson