So let me set the scene for you. My softball team has played in our league title game three years running, but this season, we’ve been terribly inconsistent. However, we’re playing our best ball right now with the playoffs just a week away, and while that is encouraging, last night reminded me that I have something in common with former Tigers catcher Mike Heath.
We were up by a run in the top of the last against a squad that had a 25-game winning streak, but they plated four. No big deal. How hard is it to score three runs in a frame of softball? Well, our first two batters went down, followed by a single that brought me to the plate. I laced a screamer down the line that went just inches foul. No worries, I’ll just do it again, right?
Negatory. I get a curveball which was two feet inside, then began to move. Despite said movement, I thought it would end up short. I followed the path of the pitch only to see it clip the front of the plate. Ball game.
So what do I have in common with Mike Heath?
A. Once led the AL in assists and double plays turned as a catcher
B. Exchange texts with Matt Nokes
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson