The playoff picture could become slightly more clear after tonight. I haven’t seen this spelled out anywhere else, but the Angels could assure themselves of having home-field advantage in the ALDS today, if they win and the White Sox lose.
The Angels are 93-59, the White Sox are 84-68. If the Angels finish ahead of the White Sox, the worst they can possibly do is be the #2 seed in the AL, because:
* The Halos would have a better record than any AL Central team
* If the wild card comes out of the East, the Angels would play the wild card team, and the wild card team never gets home-field advantage.
* If the wild card came out of the Central, even if the Angels had a worse record than the AL East winner, the Angels would still have a better record than the Central winner, meaning the Angels would have home-field in the first round.
Game 1 of the ALDS will be either on Wednesday, Oct. 1 or Thursday, Oct. 2. And that ends your math and logic lesson of the day at Bugs & Cranks.
Leave a Reply
- Relax, Jose Bautista. Nobody’s Throwing at You. Probably. by Patrick Smith
- Small Price by Patrick Smith
- A Tigers-centric Recap of the First Two Weeks by Peter Robins-Brown
- Defense and Pitching and â€¦ the Rockies? by Steve St. Angelo
- MLB 2015 Preview: Part Deux by Duke Jackson