Oh boy, here we go again.Â Old Uncle Pisspants (aka Tony La Russa) and crew aren’t happy.
#mlb#cardinals The Cardinals lodged a protest Friday night over the pitchers mound in Denver being so different than the one in the bullpen.
“The mound in the bullpen was way flatter. I don’t know if they do it on purpose, but no question, it was different,” Carpenter said.
Carpenter also complained that the steep slope of the pitching mound forced him to alter the delivery on his breaking pitches.
Back to Bob Nightengale…
#mlb#cardinals The umpiring crew measured the mound Saturday afternoon at Coors but no changes appear to have been made.
According to the Denver Post, several visiting pitchers have noticed the difference between the two mounds, but since no visible changes appeared to be made, the discrepancy must not be in violation of major league rules
More Bob Nightengale from Saturday afternoon.
#mlb#cardinals The saga isn’t over. Tony La Russa just got done having a heated exchange with the Colorado groundscrew.
Get over it and shut up you old windbag.Â The umpires measured it.Â Major League Baseball approved it.Â Leave the groundskeeper alone and get back to prayin’ you don’t see the Rockies again in October.
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson