This piece has been updated here: MLB Gets Salty Over Popcorn Video
Did you really have something better to do than watch last night’s White Sox-Rangers game on Sunday Night Baseball?
If so, you missed this poor guy.
I used to laugh hysterically when people flinched while protected behind the screen. Then I attended a minor league in the summer of 2004. A foul ball was hit with such velocity straight backwards that it got through the screen, scoring a direct hit to the collarbone of the gentlemen three seats to my right. That gentleman was soon assisted from the area — with icepack, without baseball — never to be seen again. And since then I have not one time laughed at anyone who flinches behind home plate.
Until I saw this clip.
Leave a Reply
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt
- It was just one game by Landon Evanson
- Sources: San Francisco Bans More Than Just Lorde by Seth Tearz
- Fall Classic: Chalk v. Lando by Landon Evanson