This piece has been updated here: MLB Gets Salty Over Popcorn Video
Did you really have something better to do than watch last night’s White Sox-Rangers game on Sunday Night Baseball?
If so, you missed this poor guy.
I used to laugh hysterically when people flinched while protected behind the screen. Then I attended a minor league in the summer of 2004. A foul ball was hit with such velocity straight backwards that it got through the screen, scoring a direct hit to the collarbone of the gentlemen three seats to my right. That gentleman was soon assisted from the area — with icepack, without baseball — never to be seen again. And since then I have not one time laughed at anyone who flinches behind home plate.
Until I saw this clip.
Leave a Reply
- A Tigers-centric Recap of the First Two Weeks by Peter Robins-Brown
- Defense and Pitching and â€¦ the Rockies? by Steve St. Angelo
- MLB 2015 Preview: Part Deux by Duke Jackson
- Was It Good For You? by Scott Kelly
- MLB Admits Barry Bonds Exists, May Honor Him At All-Star Game by David Chalk