This piece has been updated here: MLB Gets Salty Over Popcorn Video
Did you really have something better to do than watch last night’s White Sox-Rangers game on Sunday Night Baseball?
If so, you missed this poor guy.
I used to laugh hysterically when people flinched while protected behind the screen. Then I attended a minor league in the summer of 2004. A foul ball was hit with such velocity straight backwards that it got through the screen, scoring a direct hit to the collarbone of the gentlemen three seats to my right. That gentleman was soon assisted from the area — with icepack, without baseball — never to be seen again. And since then I have not one time laughed at anyone who flinches behind home plate.
Until I saw this clip.
Leave a Reply
- Thanks from B&C by Landon Evanson
- World Series Champions 2014: A Book Review by Elisabeth Galina
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith