If you’re Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins, what can you do to kill time while waiting around for Mother Nature to allow the World Series to resume? You can do what every other baseball writer, media pundit in the world is doing and speculate on the future of CC Sabathia.
SI.com’s Jon Heyman says Rollins and CC are old friends. Rollins’ prediction? Yankees.
“They’ve got enough money, and they need him.”
Here is a little more from Heyman on Sabathia.
It’s becoming the prevailing opinion around baseball that the Vallejo product Sabathia will become a Yankee, though it’s too early to tell for sure whether that belief originates from wishful thinking on the part of Sabathia’s handlers, the union or fellow players. Sabathia’s agent, Scott Parker, didn’t return a call, but the general consensus is that Sabathia’s people would naturally prefer that their client maximize his take, which would very likely mean he’d go to the Yankees, who will presumably be the high bidder. And as one baseball person remarked, “I’ve never seen guys leave money on the table.”
If the Yankees can reel in CC, the biggest fish on the free agent pond, the off-season would be a success no matter what else they do or don’t do.
- GM Brian Cashman discussed Joba Chamberlain, Mike Mussina, Jorge Posada, Chien-Ming Wang and more with Peter Abraham Tuesday.
Leave a Reply
- 25,000 Little Magical Bucks Can’t Be Wrong by Patrick Smith
- Peace Out, Pete by Duke Jackson
- Hangin’ with Hargrove: A B&C interview with Mike Hargrove by Landon Evanson
- I Get it Now by Landon Evanson
- Indoor Four ’15: June edition by Landon Evanson