If you’re Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins, what can you do to kill time while waiting around for Mother Nature to allow the World Series to resume? You can do what every other baseball writer, media pundit in the world is doing and speculate on the future of CC Sabathia.
SI.com’s Jon Heyman says Rollins and CC are old friends. Rollins’ prediction? Yankees.
“They’ve got enough money, and they need him.”
Here is a little more from Heyman on Sabathia.
It’s becoming the prevailing opinion around baseball that the Vallejo product Sabathia will become a Yankee, though it’s too early to tell for sure whether that belief originates from wishful thinking on the part of Sabathia’s handlers, the union or fellow players. Sabathia’s agent, Scott Parker, didn’t return a call, but the general consensus is that Sabathia’s people would naturally prefer that their client maximize his take, which would very likely mean he’d go to the Yankees, who will presumably be the high bidder. And as one baseball person remarked, “I’ve never seen guys leave money on the table.”
If the Yankees can reel in CC, the biggest fish on the free agent pond, the off-season would be a success no matter what else they do or don’t do.
- GM Brian Cashman discussed Joba Chamberlain, Mike Mussina, Jorge Posada, Chien-Ming Wang and more with Peter Abraham Tuesday.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith