No, the New York Yankees did not make the playoffs in 2008. And, yes, I know they have not won a World Series since 2000.
Yet, the Yankees and their fans still have much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day.
- Hal Steinbrenner is now in charge of the franchise. That means Hank Steinbrenner is not.
- Carl Pavano is no longer the Yankees’ problem.
- Newest Yankee Nick Swisher has been linked to Danielle Gamba. We are VERY thankful for that.
- Santa might put a CC — and a couple of other shiny, new, expensive toys — under our Christmas tree.
- We still get to watch Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter, two of the greatest players in the history of the franchise, perform.
- The Yankees did not win in 2008, but neither did the Boston Red Sox or the newly-hated Tampa Bay Rays.
- At least we don’t have to spend this entire off-season complaining about midges.
- The New York Giants have taken some of the heat off the Yankees — and probably the Mets — by showing that at least one team in New York remembers how to win.
- Robinson Cano appears serious about overcoming his disappointing 2008 season.
- The Yankees still have 26 World Championships. No one else comes close.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! That even includes you non-Yankee fans. Stay safe!
Leave a Reply
- Alex Rios Will Make 11 Million Dollars in 2015. by Paul Czarnowski
- A Heartwarming Holiday Tale of Authorized Amphetamines by Patrick Smith
- Nationals Enjoy the Calm Before the $torm by Duke Jackson
- The stones to gather Moss by Keith Good
- Not for (Fire) Sale by Steve St. Angelo