Mark - Ah, it’s good to be back in Maryland. All the stress of the last few weeks has really made me miss home. There’s no place like home for Christmas, right mom?
Mark’s mom – Boooooo! Booooooo!
Mark - That’s OK, mom. I understand. I turned my back on my hometown and signed with the hated New York Yankees. I guess I had that coming. Hey, it’s old Rusty! C’mere, boy! Let’s play some fetch!
Rusty - Boooo! Booooo!! BOO!
Mark - Jeez. My own dog hates me. I guess I forgot how much people around here hate the Yankees. Say, dad, how bout those Ravens?
Mark’s dad – BOOO! Booooo! Booooo! Boo!
Mark - Wow. This is rough. I wonder if there’s really that big a difference between the $140 million the Orioles offered me and the $180 million I’ll get from the Steinbrenners. I guess it was worth alienating my hometown. Whoa! Look at the time! Better hurry or we’ll be late for midnight Mass.
LATER, AT CHURCH Mark - Father forgive me for I have sinned …
Mark’s priest – Booooo! BOOOOO!
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson