Mark - Ah, it’s good to be back in Maryland. All the stress of the last few weeks has really made me miss home. There’s no place like home for Christmas, right mom?
Mark’s mom – Boooooo! Booooooo!
Mark - That’s OK, mom. I understand. I turned my back on my hometown and signed with the hated New York Yankees. I guess I had that coming. Hey, it’s old Rusty! C’mere, boy! Let’s play some fetch!
Rusty - Boooo! Booooo!! BOO!
Mark - Jeez. My own dog hates me. I guess I forgot how much people around here hate the Yankees. Say, dad, how bout those Ravens?
Mark’s dad – BOOO! Booooo! Booooo! Boo!
Mark - Wow. This is rough. I wonder if there’s really that big a difference between the $140 million the Orioles offered me and the $180 million I’ll get from the Steinbrenners. I guess it was worth alienating my hometown. Whoa! Look at the time! Better hurry or we’ll be late for midnight Mass.
LATER, AT CHURCH Mark - Father forgive me for I have sinned …
Mark’s priest – Booooo! BOOOOO!
Leave a Reply
- Butler Frees Up A’s To Trade For Needed Outfield He(alth)lp by Bob Moffitt
- Stanton, Not Nats by Patrick Smith
- MLB Classics: Hard Hittin’ Mark Whiten by Landon Evanson
- Not A Great Five Minutes for the Pirates by Andy Smith
- A Bird Around the Neck Is Worth … What?!?! by Steve St. Angelo