Manny Machado has stepped wrong exactly twice in his young career.
1. When he cranked his knee on first base legging out a ground ball last September. He’s nearly recovered from that.
2. When he complained about his salary yesterday. Here’s hoping he recovers quickly.
In case you missed it, the Orioles decided they’d pay Machado $519,000 this season. Manny told the Baltimore Sun he’s “disappointed” by that salary.
It’ll be his second full year in the majors and that number is right in line with his service time. Hell, the
union players association even negotiated that deal. When it’s Machado’s turn to get paid, you can bet he’ll get paid like almost no one else gets paid. So for now, Manny, maybe keep the disappointment to yourself.
Particularly considering your signing bonus of $5.4 million.
I love everything about Manny Machado, including the fact that he’s 21. When I was 21, I led the world in stupid. So, yeah – give the kid a break.
But note to Manny: We’d all love to make $519,000. None of us ever will. So don’t complain about it. It looks bad.
Leave a Reply
- A Baseball Fan’s Christmas List by Duke Jackson
- Alex Rios Will Make 11 Million Dollars in 2015. by Paul Czarnowski
- A Heartwarming Holiday Tale of Authorized Amphetamines by Patrick Smith
- Nationals Enjoy the Calm Before the $torm by Duke Jackson
- The stones to gather Moss by Keith Good