The Phillies pulled off an instant-classic of a clubhouse prank this afternoon in Clearwater.
Evil genius Brett Myers concocted a plan where assistant GM Ruben Amaro and manager Charlie Manuel would inform 2nd year pitcher Kyle Kendrick that he was traded to a Japenese team in exchange for another pitcher. Practically the entire clubhouse was in on it, from the newspaper reporters to Kyle’s agent. Kendrick was even slapped with a fake itinerary to Japan, fake press release and fake trade papers to his new squad.
An elaborate, well carried out plan indeed.
Here are the fake trade papers and itinerary:
pics courtesy of The Zo Zone
Leave a Reply
- Fall Classic: Chalk v. Lando by Landon Evanson
- My Pick: Awesomeness by Bob Moffitt
- Orioles Lay An Egg in the ALCS. by Patrick Smith
- Crown taken by Landon Evanson
- Royals One Win Away From Right To Get Swept In World Series by David Chalk