The Phillies pulled off an instant-classic of a clubhouse prank this afternoon in Clearwater.
Evil genius Brett Myers concocted a plan where assistant GM Ruben Amaro and manager Charlie Manuel would inform 2nd year pitcher Kyle Kendrick that he was traded to a Japenese team in exchange for another pitcher. Practically the entire clubhouse was in on it, from the newspaper reporters to Kyle’s agent. Kendrick was even slapped with a fake itinerary to Japan, fake press release and fake trade papers to his new squad.
An elaborate, well carried out plan indeed.
Here are the fake trade papers and itinerary:
pics courtesy of The Zo Zone
Leave a Reply
- Perez/Royals Back In The Game…Now What? by Bob Moffitt
- Words of inspiration for Jeremy Guthrie by Landon Evanson
- Minnesota’s new manager is now available by Landon Evanson
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt