Phillies All-Star 2nd baseman Chase Utley tied an MLB record yesterday afternoon at Shea when he was hit by a pitch three times. On top of that, he was also pegged with a Carlos Delgado throw while running from 1st to 2nd on a Ryan Howard grounder.
“I felt like maybe I had a magnet on me, none of them hurt too bad today.”
Although none hurt Chase, each HBP got progressively worse. The first simply brushed his jersey, the second barely touched him, and the third was a 90-mph Schoeneweis heater that he had no chance of dodging so he just clinched up and braced himself for impact.
#4 did some damage. Not to Chase — oh, he’s fine — but that last gaffe turned what should’ve been an inning-ending double play into a tie ballgame and the jump-off for yet another Phillie rally vs. the Metros.
Enjoy the Utley abuse and Met-choking hilarity in video form, after the “Read the full post…” thingy…
Leave a Reply
- World Series Champions 2014: A Book Review by Elisabeth Galina
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith
- Butler Frees Up A’s To Trade For Needed Outfield He(alth)lp by Bob Moffitt