Yeah, that’s right, fresh off his missing-of-the-cut by 11 strokes at the PODS Championship in Palm Harbor this weekend, golf impresario John Daly graced Clearwater his presence to practice with the Phils today.
Daly, who actually left the golf course Friday afternoon during a rain delay to drink at the “Hooters Owl’s Nest” off of the 17th hole (seriously), threw on a Phillies jersey and cap, most likely threw back a half-a-case of Coors Light, and tossed some BP to unsuspecting prospects. He even told manager Charlie Manuel he throws “85 miles an hour.”
Jamie Moyer better watch out.
And don’t laugh, Daly doesn’t look much different than John Kruk did in Spring Training 15 years ago.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith