Every year in late September, MLB teams usually partake in the light-hearted tradition of dressing the first-year players up in costumes — more commonly known as “rookie hazing.”
It’s like a rite of passage for the teams’ newbies and a way for the veterans on the squad to welcome the youngsters by making them feel uncomfortable and humiliated. On the rare occasion, it actually gets reported. Sometimes, an astute fan snaps some pics and posts them on the internet; but the majority go unnoticed.
Kind of a shame, really. I mean, if you’re gonna go through all that trouble, you might as well let the public enjoy it.
Luckily, I got a hold of the pics from last year’s Phillies rookie class in full hazing garb.
Now we can all point and laugh. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt
- It was just one game by Landon Evanson
- Sources: San Francisco Bans More Than Just Lorde by Seth Tearz
- Fall Classic: Chalk v. Lando by Landon Evanson