Every year in late September, MLB teams usually partake in the light-hearted tradition of dressing the first-year players up in costumes — more commonly known as “rookie hazing.”
It’s like a rite of passage for the teams’ newbies and a way for the veterans on the squad to welcome the youngsters by making them feel uncomfortable and humiliated. On the rare occasion, it actually gets reported. Sometimes, an astute fan snaps some pics and posts them on the internet; but the majority go unnoticed.
Kind of a shame, really. I mean, if you’re gonna go through all that trouble, you might as well let the public enjoy it.
Luckily, I got a hold of the pics from last year’s Phillies rookie class in full hazing garb.
Now we can all point and laugh. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Indoor Four ’15: July edition by Landon Evanson
- 25,000 Little Magical Bucks Can’t Be Wrong by Patrick Smith
- Peace Out, Pete by Duke Jackson
- Hangin’ with Hargrove: A B&C interview with Mike Hargrove by Landon Evanson
- I Get it Now by Landon Evanson