I would like to introduce you to Frankie Burton, a 9-year old Little Leaguer from Bear, Delaware*.
Now I don’t like making outlandish comparisons, but if this isn’t a mini-clone of Ryan Howard, then no one is. The left-handed first baseman (see?) recently went yard three times during a State Tounament at Foot Locker Field in Bayonne, NJ. And by yard, I mean YARD. At 9, the kid is so dominant, that pitchers are already starting to intentionally walk him. Check the highlights and dare to call me a liar.
He’s even got the opposite field home run power. Incredible.
After the jump, check out another YouTube from a 9-year old All-Star tournament where young Frankie treats the opposing pitcher like a JUGS pitching machine.
btw, I just ordered my #13 “Bear” jersey.
* Thank you, commenter Randy.
Leave a Reply
- Thanks from B&C by Landon Evanson
- World Series Champions 2014: A Book Review by Elisabeth Galina
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith