I would like to introduce you to Frankie Burton, a 9-year old Little Leaguer from Bear, Delaware*.
Now I don’t like making outlandish comparisons, but if this isn’t a mini-clone of Ryan Howard, then no one is. The left-handed first baseman (see?) recently went yard three times during a State Tounament at Foot Locker Field in Bayonne, NJ. And by yard, I mean YARD. At 9, the kid is so dominant, that pitchers are already starting to intentionally walk him. Check the highlights and dare to call me a liar.
He’s even got the opposite field home run power. Incredible.
After the jump, check out another YouTube from a 9-year old All-Star tournament where young Frankie treats the opposing pitcher like a JUGS pitching machine.
btw, I just ordered my #13 “Bear” jersey.
* Thank you, commenter Randy.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith