On Wednesday, Ryan Howard traveled to Sony’s motion capture studio in San Diego to have his on-field nuances transferred to video game form for Playstation 3’s MLB ’08 The Show. Of course, this also means he had to literally squeeze into one of those motion capture superhero outfits (red tights/strategically placed balls) so the cameras could accurately detect the subtleties in his swing.
Not the most flattering look for Howard.
Afterwards, his main concern seemed to be destroying all visual evidence from the mo-cap session, “I mean, there’s pictures and I’ll have to go around and confiscate cameras and all kinds of stuff,” said Ryan, hoping to avoid humiliation.
Well, sorry big fella:
Sony maps players’ every move for popular sports video games [San Diego Union-Tribune]
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith