In this morning’s Daily News, columnist Stu Bykofsky profiles the charitable efforts of Phillies 2nd baseman, Chase Utley and his easy-on-the-eyes wife, Jennifer.
The Utleys — more specifically, Jen — are actively involved with the Pennsylvania SPCA. As a matter of fact, PA SPCA CEO (acronym overload!), Howard Nelson says since the dynamic duo came on board, “We’ve more than tripled the number of cases where we’re pulling animals out of abuse and neglect situations.”
And don’t think they are one of those “power couples” that just toss out some money and celebrity status towards a charity and wipe their hands clean. According to the article, Jen frequently stops by her local shelter to walk dogs and clean cat litter boxes, “It’s necessary, low-glamour work.”
Basically, what Stu’s trying to say here is, these two are perfect. And I can’t disagree.
Especially since the thought of Jen Utley cleaning a cat litter box sort-of turns me on.
**UPDATE** Because I couldn’t resist…
Clare over at PlunkChutley is the creative force behind this, but I just had to put it here.
Here’s a shot of the Utleys’ two cats, Sebastian & Sugar, Lolcat’d:
Leave a Reply
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson
- Dead to Me: The Toronto Blue Jays by Patrick Smith