In this morning’s Daily News, columnist Stu Bykofsky profiles the charitable efforts of Phillies 2nd baseman, Chase Utley and his easy-on-the-eyes wife, Jennifer.
The Utleys — more specifically, Jen — are actively involved with the Pennsylvania SPCA. As a matter of fact, PA SPCA CEO (acronym overload!), Howard Nelson says since the dynamic duo came on board, “We’ve more than tripled the number of cases where we’re pulling animals out of abuse and neglect situations.”
And don’t think they are one of those “power couples” that just toss out some money and celebrity status towards a charity and wipe their hands clean. According to the article, Jen frequently stops by her local shelter to walk dogs and clean cat litter boxes, “It’s necessary, low-glamour work.”
Basically, what Stu’s trying to say here is, these two are perfect. And I can’t disagree.
Especially since the thought of Jen Utley cleaning a cat litter box sort-of turns me on.
**UPDATE** Because I couldn’t resist…
Clare over at PlunkChutley is the creative force behind this, but I just had to put it here.
Here’s a shot of the Utleys’ two cats, Sebastian & Sugar, Lolcat’d:
Leave a Reply
- a’s dEfEnsE: tErriblE by Bob Moffitt
- James Taylor AND the Red Sox? by Patrick Smith
- “All the Good Titles Were Taken,” by Jorge Posada by Patrick Smith
- Inside the Barry Bonds Collusion Grievance by Peter Robins-Brown
- Aâ€™s Bullpen Translates To â€śGas Canâ€ť In Any Languageâ€¦Gas Cans Offended by Bob Moffitt