The Phillies re-acquired troubled minor leaguer Cassius “Cash” Considerations from the Baltimore Orioles this past Wednesday in exchange for reserve outfielder Chris Roberson.
This marks the fourth time already this offseason that Cash has been involved in a trade. Surprisingly, the Phillies have taken part in two of those. On November 20th, GM Pat Gillick sent Mr. Considerations to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for the oft-injured Chris Snelling. Tampa decided to non-tender Cash, who wound up inking a minor league deal with the Orioles.
Less than a month later, the O’s shipped him back to Philly for Roberson.
Quite honestly, it doesn’t look good for Cash to ever catch on with a major league club. He’s been a part of every organization in the majors except the Royals and Marlins and never hit above .285 at any level.
To get some kind of grasp on how crazy Cash’s career has been, here’s a timeline featuring all of the transactions where the infielder was a center piece — just with the Phillies, mind you — since 2006:
- 4/1/06 — Acquired OF David Dellucci and Cash Considerations from the Texas Rangers for RHP Robinson Tejeda and OF Jake Blalock
- 6/29/06 — Traded Cash Considerations and LHP Daniel Haigwood to the Texas Rangers in exchange for LHP Fabio Castro.
- 7/16/06 — Claimed Cash Considerations off waivers.
- 8/22/06 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for INF/OF Jose Hernandez.
- 8/27/06 — Acquired Cash Considerations and OF Jeff Conine from the Orioles in exchange for a player to be named.
- 9/1/06 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Texas Rangers in exchange for 1B Randall Simon.
- 10/11/06 — Signed Cash Considerations to a Minor League contract.
- 12/10/06 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for LHP Bobby Livingston.
- 3/8/07 — Signed Cash Considerations to a Minor League contract.
- 4/5/07 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for RHP Francisco Rosario.
- 7/18/07 — Claimed Cash Considerations off waivers.
- 8/9/07 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Cleveland Indians in exchange for INF Russell Branyan.
- 8/31/07 — Acquired Cash Considerations from the St. Louis Cardinals in exchange for IF/OF Russell Branyan.
- 11/20/07 — Traded Cash Considerations to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in exchange for OF Chris Snelling.
- 1/2/08 — Acquired Cash Considerations from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for OF Chris Roberson.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith