With the Phillies leading 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth, Carlos Lee stepped up to the plate with the bases loaded and one out. Antonio Alfonseca threw him a sinker which he grounded sharply to Jimmy Rollins for the game-ending 6-4-3 double play. But the jaggov first base umpire, Lance Barksdale, obviously more influenced by crowd noise rather than just judging the play for himself, called him safe.
Listen Lance, the Phils have enough problems winning games when we’re trotting out pitchers named J.A. Happ & J.D. Durbin to the mound, shit like this is re-goddamn-diculous.ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â The ‘Stros ended up winning the game in the bottom of the 13th on a Hunter Pence homer off of Jose Mesa’s first pitch of the game.
Anyway, have a happy July 4th everyone. Except for you Lance Barksdale — you’re a complete asshole.
Leave a Reply
- Defense and Pitching and â€¦ the Rockies? by Steve St. Angelo
- MLB 2015 Preview: Part Deux by Duke Jackson
- Was It Good For You? by Scott Kelly
- MLB Admits Barry Bonds Exists, May Honor Him At All-Star Game by David Chalk
- Hunger Games by Steve St. Angelo