Moralizing mediots and yakkers have killed it dead after inflicting many hit points of damage since the damn thing was dreamed up back in the 30’s.
The set-up seems irreedeemable now. The 10 name on the ballot maximum is arcane and archaic. The lack of knowledge about any advanced, or semi-advanced metrics, has allowed the wrong early players in the HOF and has kept out excellent players, including now.
The 10-year rule is a joke as well, as it totally disregards the practices of early baseball, where teams in the ‘major’ leagues sometimes paid less than teams in the ‘minors’ and players from the West Coast (which I am partial to know) could easily stay home, make more money and not travel outside of Pacific time.
So, dear readers, I submit to you…
Make your own damn Baseball Hall of Fame.
Get on the net, publish your list, pin it on your Pinterest wall, annoy Buster Olney and Jon Heyman on Twitter with it.
Do it yourself.
You want to include banned players – fine.
You want to exclude any group of players – go right ahead.
Make your own HOF.
It’ll have just as much credibility as a HOF with Fred Lindstrom and Chick Hafey in, and Tim Raines, Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio out.
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson