Here we see members of the Oakland A’s bullpen emulating the excitement in the air as baseball fans all through South Florida (and the greater NYC area) anxiously look forward to the colossal contest between the Mets and Miami this weekend.
This is the time of the season for loving…er…no. This is the time of the season where fans of teams in contention can’t wait for every game, and fans of teams not in contention look for chances to play the spoilers. When they can’t play the spoiler, you get…
I’m casting a well-jaundiced eye toward this series. It means a lot for Ozzie and the coaching staff in evaluating players as they move to next season. It means something to players as they don’t want to finish in last place.Â Yet because the Marlins aren’t going to be calling up a lot of players and no one exciting at all (unless Brad Hand or Scott Cousins is your definition of exciting) and the Mets probably won’t have a lot of youngsters either (I think they’ve DFA’d their entire AAA roster at one point or another), the only reason most fans will watch this series is to watch baseball.
That’s a pretty darn good reason to watch. Batter up!
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson