Well, for all I know Coles may be the third baseman for the Marlins next year.
You have any better ideas?
Since last we left Marlins-land, the dregs of the third baseman market has basically moved on to other teams, leaving Miami with…
Greg Dobbs? Chris Coghlan?
NO, REALLY! CHRIS COGHLAN AT THIRD!
If you remember last season, the Angels tried to play Mark Trumbo at third. Yeah, that worked. At least Trumbo could hit. (“TRUMBO SMASH!”)
However, his work at third left a lot to be desired – so much so that Jerry Denny would have been more palatable to Halos fans at third. Jerry Denny, you say?
Well, besides being dead for a l-o-n-g time he also was the last barehanded third baseman. He was also a teammate of Old Hoss Radbourn on the great Providence Grays of 1884.
You know, Denny may not be such a bad idea after all. He certainly couldn’t hit worse than Coghlan, even in his current state. The casket could definitely cover more ground at third than Dobbs, too.
Seriously, it looks like the Fish may be stuck with an undready Zack Cox at third base.
Marlins fan wouldn’t notice though. He would be in the Clevelander by the second inning. They’ll be plenty of good seats available there!
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson