J.J. Hardy hates the Angels. I can’t blame him. I do right now, too, but for a different reason.
In the first inning of Tuesday’s game, Hardy drilled an off-speed pitch from Jason Vargas to dead center. And then Peter Bourjos went all Mike Trout on us.
Last June, Trout pulled the same shit. It was the first inning. Weaver was on the mound. And again, it was an off-speed pitch drilled to center.
Trout’s thievery arguably was the play of 2012 and Major League Baseball used the catch in a commercial featuring the young Angels super star.
I refuse to watch¬†Angels in the Outfield. I would die in embarrassment whenever grown Angel fans started flapping their arms like little kids. But this promo grabs me every time it’s aired. I dig¬†those¬†wings on Trout.
According to ESPN Stats and Info, he leads MLB with five home run-robbing catches, tied with San Diego’s Cameron Maybin.¬†Bourjos is overdue for his wings.
GIF created by Seth Tearz.
Leave a Reply
- Thanks from B&C by Landon Evanson
- World Series Champions 2014: A Book Review by Elisabeth Galina
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith