Frank Thomas has been an Oakland Athletic for only a few days. So far he’s hitting .313 with 3 RBIs and 5 walks. But the best part is that last night he hit his first triple…in SIX YEARS.
He also had a single and a double. I don’t quite understand why he wasn’t left in the game to see if he could hit for the cycle. Thomas the Tank has never had a cycle game, so why not let him try for the homer? Especially when you’re up by so much. What difference does it make? The dude’s gonna turn 40 years old in a month, he hit his first triple since 2002…let the man try for his first cycle!
Anyway, I can’t stop watching him leg out that triple and then flop down in the slide. The announcer says that when “you’ve got that big a body, you gotta slide to keep from goin’ off.” Frank does have an ass that makes Yadi Molina look positively svelte, so I would’ve liked to see Frank not be able to stop and plow right into the dugout, taking out two teammates and the batboy or something.
Leave a Reply
- Perez/Royals Back In The Game…Now What? by Bob Moffitt
- Words of inspiration for Jeremy Guthrie by Landon Evanson
- Minnesota’s new manager is now available by Landon Evanson
- I’ll take heart all day long by Landon Evanson
- Big Lame James And The Ryder Cup Rotation That Yost The Series by Bob Moffitt