The above image came from an ad for the ESPN MVP feature for Verizon cell phones in the sports section of last Friday’s USA Today. At first glance, the advertisement appears ordinary enough, with a description of all the benefits of the package, including live game updates on your cell phone. However, a closer look at a sample screen shot of ESPN MVP in use (the part circled in red) reveals a bit of a problem:
Yup, that’s right, 7 + 17 = 23. In other words, either ESPN MVP will fuck up the score of the game or they just can’t do simple arithmetic in Bristol.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith