If you’re reading this, that means your into sports blogs. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that if you’re into sports blogs, you’ve heard of Deadspin.
Will Leitch, editor-in-chief over there, just released a new book: God Save the Fan. He’s popping into bookstores all over the place promoting it. This week, he’s coming to the Sports Blogging Capital of the World: Washington, DC. He left yours truly in charge of planning the after party. Thursday is the new Friday, after all.
Book Release Party
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Barnes & Noble, Georgetown
3040 M ST NW Washington, DC 20007
Book Release After Party
Old Glory American Bar-B-Que
3139 M St. NW
Washington, DC 20007
It’s 40 seconds away, on foot.
So come for the book, stay for the beers. Old Glory is giving drink specials to those of you who show up to the book promotion. Will is going to come over and drink with us, so if you don’t mind calling in drunk on Friday (thus giving yourself the oh-so-excellent 3-day workweek), you should come out and tell him how much you love the Cardinals, too.
See you there.
(And I swear I’m going to post my interview with Stan Kasten, president of the Nationals, soon. And I swear it really happened. )
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson