Last week, after beating the Yankees, Devil Rays outfielder Jonny Gomes was quoted as saying, “I’ll tell you what, it doesn’t suck.”
Great quote, seems innocent enough.
Then I’m watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives Sunday night — because I love all things Longoria — and I am struck by what Kevin Costner says at the end of this ad for what looks like a totally forgettable motion picture:
It doesn’t suck.
Now back in November, you’ll recall that Costner and his crappy band Modern West headlined the celebration of the official Devil Rays name defiling ceremony — an event that was attended by many Devil Rays, including Mr. Jonny Gomes. Videos of Costner’s musical stylings at the ceremony and Gomes getting his wrassle on after the jump….
Obviously if Gomes is willing to jump in the ring with the Nasty Boys, he’d be willing to slyly slip in catchphrases from Costner’s upcoming films into postgame interviews, right?
But be careful, Jonny — Devil Ray wannabe Cal Ripken, Jr. denies it now, but rumor had it that Cal had to beat up Costner for sleeping with his wife. While not quite on the level of arena football, this man is not to be trusted.
Leave a Reply
- Negatory on That: Duquette stays put by Patrick Smith
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson