My favorite moment thus far of the ’09 WBC:
For those of you who weren’t up real late/real early, the context: after Japan went up 3-0 in the top of the first, in the bottom half Korean slugger Kim Tae-kyun took Red Sox/Japan pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka real deep to bring the Korean side back within one.Ã‚Â And Kim immediately launched into his best Manny impersonation.
Now I mainly recall Manny doing that as Dice-BB’s teammate after hitting a playoff walkoff against the Angels in ’07, so was Kim doing it premature?
Maybe the Japanese team thought so as they added five more runs in the top of the second to extend their lead to 8-2.Ã‚Â As I write this it’s 14-2 in the bottom of the 7th, and the Koreans will get mercy ruled if they don’t score three runs this inning.
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith