Tonight’s save makes 342 so….
Troy Percival now stands alone at #9 atop the Major League Baseball All-Time Career Saves Leader List.
Rollie Fingers is left in the dust, at #10.
Some might complain that Percival walked four batters in Tuesday’s 9th inning, but that would be nitpicking, wouldn’t it? Percival had a 3-run lead and 341 career saves. He is a badass. He knows what he’s doing. Don’t freakin’ nitpick.
No word yet on how long Percival will keep the curly mustache.
And, Randy Myers…. you’re up next.
Picture credit: B. Hall
Leave a Reply
- Moose as Italian Stallion by Landon Evanson
- A B&C interview with Jim Sundberg by Landon Evanson
- Relax, Jose Bautista. Nobody’s Throwing at You. Probably. by Patrick Smith
- Small Price by Patrick Smith
- A Tigers-centric Recap of the First Two Weeks by Peter Robins-Brown