Tonight’s save makes 342 so….
Troy Percival now stands alone at #9 atop the Major League Baseball All-Time Career Saves Leader List.
Rollie Fingers is left in the dust, at #10.
Some might complain that Percival walked four batters in Tuesday’s 9th inning, but that would be nitpicking, wouldn’t it? Percival had a 3-run lead and 341 career saves. He is a badass. He knows what he’s doing. Don’t freakin’ nitpick.
No word yet on how long Percival will keep the curly mustache.
And, Randy Myers…. you’re up next.
Picture credit: B. Hall
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith