I’m actually kind of encouraged by this — by not going for need and taking a high school player with the biggest potential, I take this as a sign that the organization believes we’ll be more than competitive for the next few years while “Baby Becks” develops his skills.
One skill he might need developing is the call-in interview, as demonstrated by this phone interview with ESPN immediately after his selection.
One of the first things I learned in middle school listening to Don & Mike on WAVA was that if you call into a show — you turn down the radio or TV.
Guess they don’t teach that in Georgia?
Leave a Reply
- A Tigers-centric Recap of the First Two Weeks by Peter Robins-Brown
- Defense and Pitching and â€¦ the Rockies? by Steve St. Angelo
- MLB 2015 Preview: Part Deux by Duke Jackson
- Was It Good For You? by Scott Kelly
- MLB Admits Barry Bonds Exists, May Honor Him At All-Star Game by David Chalk