I’m actually kind of encouraged by this — by not going for need and taking a high school player with the biggest potential, I take this as a sign that the organization believes we’ll be more than competitive for the next few years while “Baby Becks” develops his skills.
One skill he might need developing is the call-in interview, as demonstrated by this phone interview with ESPN immediately after his selection.
One of the first things I learned in middle school listening to Don & Mike on WAVA was that if you call into a show — you turn down the radio or TV.
Guess they don’t teach that in Georgia?
Leave a Reply
- Thanks from B&C by Landon Evanson
- World Series Champions 2014: A Book Review by Elisabeth Galina
- Let’s Play Make-Believe by Peter Robins-Brown
- The Red Sox: 885 Pounds of Baloney in a 500-Pound Bag by Patrick Smith
- Chris Davis and “The Devil” by Patrick Smith