I’m actually kind of encouraged by this — by not going for need and taking a high school player with the biggest potential, I take this as a sign that the organization believes we’ll be more than competitive for the next few years while “Baby Becks” develops his skills.
One skill he might need developing is the call-in interview, as demonstrated by this phone interview with ESPN immediately after his selection.
One of the first things I learned in middle school listening to Don & Mike on WAVA was that if you call into a show — you turn down the radio or TV.
Guess they don’t teach that in Georgia?
Leave a Reply
- Dealin’ with Drabek: A B&C interview with Doug Drabek by Landon Evanson
- Texts From Spring Training by Duke Jackson
- Yankees Unable to Find Actual Happy Fans by Patrick Smith
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith