Using the alias of mustachioed Tripe-A Round Rock pitcher Billy Ray “Rojo” Johnson,Â Will Ferrell gave minor league fans an unforgettable story Thursday night. Donning a disguise, he took the mound for the Astros affiliate.
Ferrell — er — Johnson tossed only one pitch, which went behind a Nashville batter. He was immediately ejected. His career ERA remains a respectable 0.00.
Though the stunt was short-lived, it was probably the funniest thing he’s done since 2004’s Anchorman, and certainly the best sports-related vehicle he’s taken part in since playing troubled ex-minor leaguer Ted Brogan (“I got the rolling papers, if you got the weed”) back in his SNL days.
Thanks to Cody for the heads up.
Leave a Reply
- a’s dEfEnsE: tErriblE by Bob Moffitt
- James Taylor AND the Red Sox? by Patrick Smith
- “All the Good Titles Were Taken,” by Jorge Posada by Patrick Smith
- Inside the Barry Bonds Collusion Grievance by Peter Robins-Brown
- Aâ€™s Bullpen Translates To â€śGas Canâ€ť In Any Languageâ€¦Gas Cans Offended by Bob Moffitt