Using the alias of mustachioed Tripe-A Round Rock pitcher Billy Ray “Rojo” Johnson,Â Will Ferrell gave minor league fans an unforgettable story Thursday night. Donning a disguise, he took the mound for the Astros affiliate.
Ferrell — er — Johnson tossed only one pitch, which went behind a Nashville batter. He was immediately ejected. His career ERA remains a respectable 0.00.
Though the stunt was short-lived, it was probably the funniest thing he’s done since 2004’s Anchorman, and certainly the best sports-related vehicle he’s taken part in since playing troubled ex-minor leaguer Ted Brogan (“I got the rolling papers, if you got the weed”) back in his SNL days.
Thanks to Cody for the heads up.
Leave a Reply
- Time Off 2: Attention Must Be Paid by Wayne Laufert
- Dear Gregg, Watch Out. Love, Cal. by Patrick Smith
- General Disarray Attacks the AL West by Scott Fendley
- Back(hand) to you, Al by Landon Evanson
- Delgado, Stairs head incredible Canadian Hall class by Landon Evanson