Headline pretty much says all you need to know, but if you must have the names, the Nationals traded away catcher Brian Schneider, and outfielder Ryan Church. Have fun with these two guys, Mets! I love this move. Brian Schneider flirted with the Medonza line for an entire season, and I think we’ve seen all we’re going to see out of Ryan Church. I wish them the best, but Lastings could be 30/30 in 2009. Church wasn’t even that different that Milledge in 2007, and Milledge has that big word “potential” floating around him, whereas the word most associated with Ryan Church is “anti-semite.” I guess there are some out there still bent out of shape about Milledge high-fiving his way down the first base line after hitting a home run, but I don’t think there is any attitude problem that we need to concern ourselves with. It looked like a kid having some fun on a ballfield, which, the last time I checked, was a good thing. I bet he knows better now.
Jesus Flores will take over catching duties, and while he’s not exactly a great hitter, he can’t be worse than Schneider. I mean that. He can’t be worse, or I’ll come out of the stands and start catching myself, and I don’t need the aggravation or the knee problems.
For your consideration, the numbers in the outfield:
Leave a Reply
- We lost another one by Landon Evanson
- Time Off: See You in 1 Minute, 45 Seconds by Wayne Laufert
- Royals Redemption: A B&C Interview with Willie Mays Aikens by Landon Evanson
- Elderly Owner + MASN Dispute – Impending Free Agents = The Max Scherzer Contract by Duke Jackson
- Dead to Me: The Toronto Blue Jays by Patrick Smith